It is HP PC Hardware Diagnostics is a Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI) that performs diagnostic tests to determine the PC’s hardware functioning properly, by identifying hardware malfunctions.
After encountering the Blue Screen on my Windows 10 computer recently, upon restart, I noticed the Boot Device not Found error, and the option to select F2 to access System Diagnostics.
In this blog, we’ll find out more about this no-cost tool provided by HP on Windows 11 and 10.
HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI
It is obvious but does not forget that the application runs independently of its own Windows OS.
It allows you to differentiate hardware issues from issues caused or caused by OS or by any other program.
It tests for any issues with RAM or Memory and also in the Hard Drive.
If the test is unsuccessful, it will give the 24-digit failure ID.
It is necessary to contact HP’s customer support to discuss the test.
HP PC Hardware Diagnostics comes in two versions – Windows versions in addition to UEFI versions.
The UEFI version can be utilized when you are unable to begin booting into Windows.
In this article, we will discuss the UEFI version that works and how to install it on an EFI Partition or USB drive.
How do you use the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics , UEFI
If your computer has installed the software UEFI diagnosis tool on it It can be launched by pressing the F2 key.
If the tool isn’t installed, it is possible to create the USB.
Let’s look at how to make use of it once it’s accessible on your computer.
Turn off the computer completely ( press your power switch for at most five seconds in order to turn off your computer) then switch it back on.
Press the F2 button repeatedly till the UEFI menu appears.
UEFI menus will display two diagnostic tools.
Choose the one you like to use, and then follow the instructions.
In both the memory and the hard disk tests The tool will perform tests such as the fast Test to find hardware problems quickly.
If there’s no error identified, but the system has hardware issues, it will perform the Comprehensive Test.
This test can take several hours to finish the test.
UEFI Speedy and Extensive test
The screen shows the progress bar on the Command Prompt screen along with the estimated time needed to finish the test.
It is possible to hit ESC to stop this test. But, do it only if you have no other option.
If the test tool does not detect any errors, you’ll get a “Passed” message, else it will begin the exhaustive test.
The procedure is a similar process for Hard Disk checks.
In our instance, even though it was true that the Smart Check was successful The Short DTS test was unsuccessful.
It also showed Failure ID, Product ID, and the number of the drive that is associated with it.
If you get the same error message, visit HP’s HP helpline site and type in the code or product ID, and then choose your country to solve the issue.
How do I Install HP PC Hardware diagnostics using UEFI
There is a way to use the UEFI diagnostics tool using the USB drives and install it to the UEFI partition of your computer.
If you’re unable to access Windows We suggest using an alternative computer for creating the USB drive, then start the computer to access the program.
Make sure you Disable Secure Boot prior to doing that.
HP claims that you are able to install the software on any HP PC that doesn’t have it installed.
You can not only make use of this tool in the event of an issue with your hardware, However, if your computer has been locked you may utilize it to retrieve the computer.
- Visit the HP Hardware Diagnostics website and download HP Diagnostics UEFI.
- Open the folder and start it. EXE file.
- Install the wizard as instructed, agree to the conditions of the licence agreement and then click Next.
- Then, you’ll need choose between the locations for installation of Hardware Diagnostics. Hardware Diagnostics application, and finally, select Next
- To download to the computer for testing, select UEFI Partition on the Hard Drive
- To download the file to an USB drive, choose USB Flash Drive
- Click Install, then click Yes to create the HP_TOOLS partition.
- The software will install. Click Finish to close the wizard.
To run the program from the USB drive Follow these steps:
- Plug in your USB device, switch on your computer, and hit the Esc key repeatedly until the Startup menu appears.
- Press F2 to select the System Diagnostics and the language you prefer from the drop-down menu.
- The PP PC Hardware Diagnostics home page, which displays the version number, as well as USB
You can now select to run
- Tests for symptom
- System tests
- Component tests
Additionally, you can access Test logs, language changes, or quit.
HP PC Hardware Diagnostics For Windows
Install the Windows version if you are unable to access your computer due to a hardware problem for audio, video or other input devices.
You can also find the Microsoft Store app. It offers component, system and symptom tests.
HP provides a variety of tools that can help customers troubleshoot any type of hardware problem.
It will require some technical knowledge. If you have trouble with it, HP Support Assistant can help you.
This tool offers one-click fixes and guided troubleshooting.
HP PC Hardware Diagnostics Failed UEFI
You can do the following if a component fails to pass a test:
- Follow the instructions on the screen to fix the problem
- If the problem still remains, good!
- Click Yes to contact HP Customer Support if the problem persists.
- Contact HP Customer Support with the failure ID (24-digit number) and the product ID.
- Click Next to visit the HP Customer Support site.
We hope that you are able to use HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) when needed or to install it to fix hardware problems on your computer.
TIP – To update drivers or firmware, you can use HP Support Assistant.