A few PC gamers using the Steam platform are experiencing the issue that, when trying to connect to Steam Friends List and receive this error: FRIENDS Network Unreachable even though they’re sure that there are no connectivity issues with the internet and they’re logged to Steam.
They’re signed into their Steam accounts on your Windows 11 or Windows 10 system. The problem persists even after refreshing the page numerous times. In this article, we offer the best solution.
If you are confronted with this problem, you’ll get the error message that follows;
FRIENDS NETWORK UNREACHABLE
This failure may indicate that your local network is offline or that the Steam Friends servers are currently offline.
The most likely suspects are
- Bugs are present are present Steam Chat beta mode.
- Steam cache that is corrupted.
What is the reason my Steam tell me that Friends Network unreachable?
If you are a PC gaming enthusiast If you’ve encountered a Friends Network Unreachable error on your gaming system running Windows 11/10 Most likely, it’s caused by a glitch in the latest version of Steam running on your system.
To fix the issue you can alter the properties or revert the client to an earlier version to determine if it fixes the issue.
What can I do to solve the issue of Steam Friends list not working?
If you’re having issues with the Steam Friends lists not functioning, you can solve the problem by opening your Steam client and going to Settings > Download settings.
On the tab for downloads settings, you’ll need to locate the option to delete the Steam cache. Once you’ve got cleared the Steam cache cleared then your Steam Friends list is now working.
FRIENDS NETWORK UNREACHABLE – Steam error
If you’re experiencing this FRIENDS network unreachable Steam error in the Windows PC, look at our suggestions below, in no particular order, and then see if it can resolve the issue.
- Opt-out from Steam Beta
- Clear Steam cache
- Install Google Public DNS in your computer
- Solution Steam Server connection issue
- Fix Network & Internet connection issues on Windows 11/10
Let’s look at the details of the process that is involved in each of the suggested solutions.
1. Opt-out of Steam Beta
If you’re currently participating within the Steam beta program, you’re likely to experience this FRIENDS NON-NETWORK UNREACHABLE error. In this instance, you may consider opting off of the Steam Beta program/mode.
Do these things:
- In Steam Click on Steam on the left side of your screen corner, and then select from the Options menu.
- Click on the tab for Account tab.
- Select on the “Change button in the section the Beta Program section.
- From the drop down menu Select the None Option – Opt to stay out of beta-only applications option.
- Hit “OK”.
- Select on the Restart Steam button at the prompt that pops up.
The problem at hand must be solved, if not, you can try the next option.
2. Clear Steam cache
To delete or clear the Steam cache from your Windows 11/10 computer You must delete the AppData folder’s contents to Steam. Steam application. Here’s how:
- Log into your computer with your account as a user.
- Once you have logged in After logging in, press the Windows keys and R to launch run. Run dialog.
- Within the Run dialog box, type in the Environment variable below and then press Enter.
- In the directory, locate (you may have to reveal hidden files or folders) in the Steam folder.
- Right-click the folder , and then select the option to delete. Accept any additional prompts.
- Exit File Explorer.
Check whether the issue is solved. If not, you can try the next option.
3. Set up Google Public DNS to your computer
This solution is simple. You just need to install Google Public DNS on your Windows 11/10 computer. If the problem continues then you should attempt the following solution.
4. Repair Steam Server connection issue
Since the error messages also suggested that Steam Friends servers are not available. Steam Friends servers are temporarily offline, you could follow our tutorial to Steam is not getting connected with Steam servers to figure out the problem and see if this can help. In the meantime, you can try the next solution.
5. Fix Network & Internet connection issues on Windows 11/10
Also, since the error prompt suggests that the issue could be due to the fact that your local network is not working It is possible to check the internet connection of your devices (router/modem) and then reboot the device.
After that, you’ll be able to follow our tutorial to help you troubleshoot and resolve the issue. Network & Internet connection problems on your Windows 11/10 gaming machine.
It is also possible to test the Comprehensive Internet Repair Tool to resolve issues with connecting with the Internet.
I hope this will help!
What can you do to fix this issue? Connect to Steam servers?
If you’ve encountered an error message that reads Cannot join Steam servers while playing games on your PC, in order to solve this issue it is possible to follow these steps: quit Steam and then navigate towards where you have your Steam installation directory, which is normally located at C:Program files (x86)\Steam.
There, you can delete everything within the directory, except for the steam.exe, steamapps directory steam.exe Steamapps directories (all games on Steam’s data are located here), and then restart Steam.
Are you unable to join the Steam Friends Network?
If you’re unable to connect to the Steam Friends Network in the event that Steam states that it has lost connection to the Steam Friends network, you can fix this issue by first checking that there’s no interruption by verifying the Steam Server Status before exiting and restarting your Steam Client on the Windows PC.