One of the first things you should do in The Sims 4 is figure out how to activate the cheat system. There are a plethora of cheats that can aid you with various aspects of the game, so it’s safe to assume that cheating is a major component of this experience.
When compared to other video games, most of the cheats in The Sims 4 don’t significantly alter the gameplay experience. While it’s true that some tricks can grant you an instant boost to your level or a reward, you’re not obligated to utilize them.
You can’t enjoy the game as intended if you use tricks like Move Objects or Enable Free Build if, for instance, you adore building. No one recommends using these cheats because they are necessary for creating stunning homes in The Sims 4.
All decisions regarding the usage of cheats in TS4 are ultimately up to the player. However, since you’re already here, let’s look at activating cheats.
How To Enable Cheats In Sims 4 On A PC?
No matter what system you play on, activating hacks in The Sims 4 is a breeze. But if you ask me, the simplest way to enable cheats is on a PC.
The Sims 4 PC cheats can be activated in the following ways:
- Start the game up.
- Use the keyboard shortcut SHIFT + CTRL + C to bring up the command prompt.
- When the dialogue box for entering cheats opens in the upper left corner of the screen, write “testing cheats on” or “testing cheats true” into it. It’s irrelevant which one you use.
- If you want to continue, hit the enter key.
- It’s over with. Once you’ve enabled cheats, the game will let you know so you can add any remaining cheats you desire.
If you want to use a cheat in The Sims 4, you must first turn on cheats. Quickly verify the validity of any future cheat codes you punch in.
How To Enable Cheats In Sims 4 On A Mac?
Enabling cheats in The Sims 4 on a Mac should be just as simple as doing it on a Windows PC.
If you’re doing this for the first time, here are the steps to take:
- Involve yourself in the game.
- To copy and paste, hold down the SHIFT + CMD + C keys on your keyboard. In the top left corner of your screen, you should see a box appear; this is the command console.
- Use either “testing cheats on” or “testing cheats true” in the dialogue box to activate a cheat. It’s irrelevant which one you use.
- To proceed, press the ENTER key.
- And with that, I’ll wrap this up. Once cheats are activated in your game, you can keep adding more as time goes on.
How To Enable Cheats In Sims 4 On PS4 And Xbox One?
Consoles like the PS4 and Xbox One don’t have physical keyboards, therefore all cheating is done through the gamepad.
To activate cheats in The Sims 4 on PlayStation 4 or Xbox One, please follow these steps:
- Let your guard down.
- Get ready to hold the four triggers on the rear of your controller (R1, R2, L1, and L2). This should bring up a keyboard window in addition to the cheat box window.
- If you want to use a cheat, you can either type “testing cheats on” or “testing cheats true” into your computer’s search bar. It’s irrelevant which one you use.
- To finish, either press R2 on your controller or choose the “Done” option on your keyboard.
- A notification will appear informing you that cheats can now be used in the game. After then, other cheats can be added.
And that’s about all there is to it! The process of enabling cheats in TS4 becomes second nature after the first few times. Avoiding this step increases the likelihood that your cheat won’t take effect. If a cheat in The Sims 4 isn’t working for you, check to see if you have the cheat option enabled.