If you purchase a new pair of AirPods, Apple tries to provide you with a reliable and create a name for the devices.
The name, however, isn’t always useful, particularly when you own multiple pairs.
It’s not difficult to alter the title of your AirPods to something that you prefer and also can be some personal flair.
Here’s how to change the name of your AirPods.
The procedure is the same regardless of which pair of Apple headphones you own whether it’s the standard AirPods, AirPods Pro, or AirPods Max.
The steps in a matter of minutes So hurry up and think of an awesome name.
How to Change the name of your AirPods on iOS?
The entire process is just five steps.
If you can come up with an even better name later on in the future it is possible to return and change the name of your earbuds in any way you like.
Follow these steps:
- Start your Settings app, then head towards the Bluetooth section of your iOS device.
- Select on the blue Info icon beside your pair of AirPods you wish for to modify the title of.
- Click to open the Name option.
- You can type in any name you’d like to use.
- Use the Back Arrow twice to go you back on your Bluetooth screen.
If you are able to see your new name in the Bluetooth menu then your task is completed.
If you’re not able to recognize the new name, repeat the steps mentioned above another time.
If you’re using an Android device and want to change the name of your earbuds continue going through the steps.
How can you change name of AirPods on Android?
The process of naming AirPods using the help of an Android phone is much simpler than it is on iOS.
It’s not even necessary to connect the earbuds in order to change the name.
Simply give these tips a shot and you’ll be on the way to success:
- Launch the Settings app and navigate into section connected devices section.
- Find your AirPods from the list of devices previously connected.
- Click the settings button on the right side of the screen.
- Click to activate the pencil icon found just below the Device Details header.
- Enter the name you want and click Rename. Press the Rename button.
- Make sure that the new name is listed on your Bluetooth menu.
Voila One changed the set of AirPods with iOS no longer available.
It’s promised that it will take only a few minutes and you’re given the option of creating an imaginative name if you wish to.