Skype on Windows 10 frequently and randomly does not respond, and there is only one option, and that is to close it or restart it?
There are many users who report the same issue. many users have reported Skype is not working after an upgrade to Windows 10 The application abruptly stops responding to Windows when you are chatting or making calls via video and sometimes stopping video calls and other things.
This is quite frustrating! If you’re also having similar issues, here are some possible solutions to return Skype to functioning normally.
Skype not working in windows 10
The solution below if you’re running Windows 10 build Skype app
- Check first and be sure that your mic as well as the camera operating,
- You are connected to a reliable Internet connectivity to conduct a a phone or video calls via skype,
- Connect to VPN when it is set up on your laptop or PC
Check if the skype app is authorized for the use of its microphone and camera for video calls.
- Start the Start Menu Select Settings, then click Privacy.
- Make sure to enable the microphone in Microphone “Allow apps to access the microphone,”
- Then , go to Camera and select “Allow apps to access camera hardware.”
Reset the skype application
Follow these steps to reset skype to its default configuration.
This will make the new installation and hopefully fix any issues that stop skype from responding.
- Open settings using keyboard shortcut Windows + I,
- Select Apps then Apps and Features.
- Scroll down to find the skype app, then click on it,
- Then click the Advanced Options option (Refer on the picture below)
- This will open a brand new window. Scroll down to find the Reset option, then click it.
- If you click it, the link, it warns you that “this will delete apps data include singing details ” Again select Reset.
Reinstall Skype App
If a reset of Skype failed to fix the issue the only option left was to uninstall and install Skype App.
- Again open settings -> Apps -> Apps & Features
- Find the skype app, then click it.
- You will be presented with the option to delete the app Click it, then follow the on-screen directions.
- Once done restart your PC
- Then, open and open the Microsoft store search engine for skype, and then install the application.
- Log in using your credentials, and then check that whether the skype app is functioning properly without issue or error.
In addition, you can access the Windows Defender firewall and click Allow the feature or app via the Windows Defender firewall. Also, make sure that Skype is allowed on both public and private networks.
Apply solutions if you’re using the Skype app on the desktop, or you’re using Skype for Windows 7 or 8.1
First, you must upgrade Skype to the most recent version.
- Open Skype.
- Click Help, then check for any updates.
Reinstall the application
- Use Windows + R and enter appwiz.cpl and click OK.
- This will let you access programs and features.
- Right-click on the skype application and choose to uninstall it.
- Restart your windows. On the next login, visit skype official site to download the most recent Skype version.
Reset network configuration
Additionally, open the command prompt as an administrator and execute the following command to reset the network configuration to ensure that the internet and network connection do not cause Skype to not function correctly
- ipconfig /release
- ipconfig /renew
- netsh winsock reset
- netsh int ip reset
- ipconfig /flushdns
- ipconfig /registerdns
After that, close the command prompt and then restart the window. When you log in again, launch skype and verify that whether there’s a problem using the skype app.