Steam has been a very popular gaming platform worldwide. With the new Steam Deck handheld gaming machine, we expect millions more to join. This platform is used by many gamers all over the globe to download, buy and play games. You can also find games and special offers in the store.
Steam has its faults, even though it is a popular service. While the service runs smoothly, for the most part, there are instances when Steam users report that they have encountered issues that cause them to panic, particularly if it affects their gaming experience Error code 105 is the latest issue.
However, it is not a major problem. Our extensive investigation has shown that Error code 105 can be fixed with relative ease.
Error code 105: Unable to connect server. The server might be offline or not connected to the internet.
What are the causes of Steam Error Code (105)?
I received many questions about Error Code 105 from users around the world. It is the main reason for the users’ misery and makes their nights miserable.
My research revealed that the three most common causes of the Steam error code 105 are:
1. Faulty Internet Connection
The reason for the Steam error code105 is due to a network connection issue. If you don’t have an ideal internet connection, the Steam error code 105 will be displayed. This is because the slow internet connection between the user (and the server) causes the error code to appear.
You already know that ads are the main source of income for websites. Users cannot block ads from any website. Some users use Adblocker to prevent unwanted content from being blocked so they can continue playing the game without interruptions.
Sometimes, however, these Adblockers can cause Steam error code105. They block all unwanted stuff, but they sometimes also block access to Steam’s store, which can lead to error code105.
3. DNS Configurations
DNS. I’m sorry that you are unfamiliar with this term, but it is not more than an internet phonebook. If you have set up DNS, you will only be able to connect to the server. Otherwise, you will have to deal with Error Code 105 Steam.
How to Fix Steam Error Code 105
Let’s now discuss the causes and how to fix error code 105 in Steam.
Solution 1: Clear the DNS cache
Clear the DNS cache immediately is the first step. This is easy, so let’s explain.
To open the Run dialog, press the Windows key +R. To enter CMD, type in the box and hit Enter.
After the Command prompt appears type the following command. Then hit the Enter button.
Run the Steam client again to confirm that the error persists.
Solution 2: Power cycling Internet Router
Sometimes, an internet connection may not work properly or be unstable. These issues can be solved by a quick reinitialization.
In this step, we will power cycle the Internet Router to re-initialize. Here’s how to do it:
- Plug to the ” Cord ” of the Internet Router.
- Wait for five minute, then plug back in.
- Wait for Internet Access to be granted. Launch steam, and verify if the issue persists.
Solution 3: Disable Ad Blocker Addon
The Steam client has a bug where Ad Blockers installed on it interfere with it and stop certain features from functioning properly.
We will disable the Ad-blocker Addon for the Browser in this step.
- Click the “Menu” button at the top right.
- Hover your pointer over ” More Tool” and choose ” Extensions“.
- To disable the ” Adblocker” extension, click on its toggle.
- Launch Steam Client and Check to confirm that the issue persists.
- Click the “Menu” icon at the top right and choose “Add ons”.
- Click the ” Adblocker” extension, and then select the “Disable” option.
- Launch Steam Client to resolve the issue. Check to confirm that the issue is still present.
For Microsoft Edge:
- Click in the upper right corner to access the Settings icon.
- Click to access the ” Extensions” option
- Click on the extension “Ad Blocker”, and then select the “Disable” option.
- Run the Client as well as check if the problem persists.
Solution 4 – Modify your DNS
DNS can also cause an error code 105 Steam. High-speed DNS is recommended because so many people use the DNS of their Internet service provider.
These are usually slow because of their server.
This issue can be fixed by switching to public DNS. Public DNS includes Google, Cloudflare, and many others.
These steps will allow you to modify your DNS.
- To open the Run window, press the “windows” key along with “R”.
- After opening the “Run”, type ” ” and click OK.
- Next, you will see the Network Connection tab.
- Right-click the internet address you’re using.
- Next, select “Internet protocol version 4” then click on “Properties.”
- A new window will then open. You can now add 18.104.22.168 to your preferred DNS and 22.214.171.124 to your alternative DNS. This is provided by Google.
- Log in to the router control panel.
- Go to the internet section. Make sure you set your static IP as your internet connection type.
- Now, place 126.96.36.199 in the primary section and 188.8.131.52 in secondary DNS.
- Click the Apply button.
- Now restart your router.
Solution 5 – Check Steam for Downtime
Also, verify if Steam servers have gone down.
Solution 6 – Updating Web Browser and Steam App
It is important to ensure that your browser is up-to-date. If you have an outdated browser, the results you see are unlikely to be accurate.
You should also update the steam app from time to time, as some games cannot be played without it.
If you pay attention to this article, I hope you have understood how to fix the Steam error code. You can quickly resolve your Error Code 105 issue by following each step.
These types of issues can be frustrating for gamers. This article will help you fix the Steam error code 105.
Enjoy your gaming!