If you’ve been playing the Call of Duty modern combat, then you will have experienced errors everywhere. One of the errors that cause a lot of trouble is code error 6068. Some users have complained that the error appeared in the middle of nowhere.
Some of them claim that it appears right after they start the game. However, some say it occurs to occur while they’re playing the game. The errors can ruin the mood, and it becomes more difficult when you don’t have a way to know how it can be repaired.
In this guide on troubleshooting, we’ll show various methods, as well as provide the details regarding Call of Duty Modern Warfare.
Causes of Dev Error 6068 Code Problem Issue
Before jumping straight onto the solution it’s best if you spent a few minutes reading this info. This will help you in the event that you experience an error you play other video games.
Many players have shared this Dev Error 6068 error appears due to some problems with the graphics settings or perhaps your computer doesn’t have enough power to play the game. In addition, incorrect settings and settings could be the reason. The error could result in the system freezing or rebooting randomly during gaming.
- Problems with graphic settings
- Problems with game configurations and settings that are optimal
- The system does not meet the any of the requirements of the game’s minimum configuration.
Similar Types of Dev Error 6068 Code Problem Issue
- Dev Error 6068 Warzone
- Warzone fix
- Warzone Reddit
- R9 390
- DirectX experienced an error that was not resolvable.
- Dev error 6068 5700xt
- Modern combat March 2020
- Cod warzone fix
How to Fix Dev Error 6068 Code Problem Issue
In this section, we’ll give you some suggestions, methods, and solutions to fix Call of Duty Modern Warfare Dev error 6068. Below are the different options you have to use.
1. Run Modern Warfare & Battle.net Launcher With Administrator Permission
Many users have reported that the issue was fixed when they ran the program using administrator rights. Take steps Dev Error 6068 modern warfare instructions to understand the procedure for fixing it.
- STEP 1. Right-click to open the Modern Warfare launcher file
- STEP 2. From the menu, select Run as an administrator.
- STEP 3. To Permanent to run this program as an administrator, you must right Select the Modern Warfare launcher file
- STEP 4. Go to Properties
- STEP 5. Move to the Compatibility Tab
- Step 6. Below check on the Run the program with an administratorcheckbox
- Step 7. Save the changes
- STEP 8. Do the same for Battle.net launcher
2. Disable Application & Overlays
We strongly recommend that you remove all of the services listed below or programs that provide each of these services. Therefore, get rid of this modern combat Dev Error 6068 right now,
- Monitoring of performance
- MSI afterburner metrics
- Broadcasting Service
- Video/audio recording
- Taking screenshots
- Instant replay
- Share menu
If you also have any of the apps listed below running, be sure to disable them or remove these apps.
- GeForce Experience
- Game Bar
3. Tweak Graphics Settings
In this way, we will show you how to play the game without borders. According to many players, this method solves the Cod MW Development Error 6068 problem.
- Step 1. Open Call Of Duty Modern combat
- STEP 2. Now go to Settings and then click on the Graphics
- Step 3. Under the Display Choose the Mode fullscreen borders.
4. Use DirectX 11 to Run Call of Duty
Many users have reported the game isn’t compatible using Directx 12. Use the Dev Error 6068 Reddit steps to modify the game to work with DirectX 11
- STEP 1. Run Battle.net launcher
- STEP 2. Now click on Options > Game Settings
- STEP 3. Tick on Additional Command Line Argumentsand in the box, copy the text in the box below.
- Step 4. Save the change and then run the game without error
5. Disable Ray Tracing & Crossplay
You can get rid of this Call of Duty modern combat Dev Error 6068 issue by removing the crossplay feature and ray tracks.
- STEP 1. Open Call of Duty, go to Options > Shadow & Lighting
- STEP 2. Now disable DirectX Ray Tracing
- STEP 3. Now go back to Options then Account
- STEP 4. Select Crossplay and Disable it
- Step 5. Now run the game.
6. Setting the Game to Priority
Another way that the Dev Error 6068 cod MW method can be solved is by placing the game at the top of the priority list to ensure you can ensure it is able to use all the memory resources game is able to use all memory resources.
- Step 1. Press ALT+CTRL+DELETE, a new window will pop up.
- STEP 2. From the list select the Task manager
- Step 3. Under the process tab, find the Call of Duty
- Step 4. Once you found it, click it to right-click, from the menu select Details.
- Step 5. Again right-click on the Call of Duty
- Step 6. Now select Priority and select High
- Step 7. Save the changes and verify for errors
7. Tweak Graphic Memory Scale
Perhaps the large video memory scale could be the cause of the problem. It is possible to lower it down. this issue. Dev Error 6068 modern warfare issue. Follow the steps below to accomplish that.
- Step 1. First of all ensure that the game isn’t running.
- STEP 2. Completely close the game by logging into Task Manager and closing the task.
- STEP 3. Once done, navigate below
Documents\Call of Duty Modern Warfare\players
- Step 4. Here locate the adv_options. ini, click it with a right-click and then open it in Notepad
- Step 5. Now locate the VideoMemoryScale line, press CTRL+F to locate the line
- Step 6. Replace the default value to 0.5,then save the file
- Step 7. Try running the game right now
Following the above steps, You will be able to fix your issue with Call of Duty Modern Warfare Dev Error 6068. We’ve given each of the information we have. If you have any problems, let us know in the comments.
If you want to find more troubleshooting tips like the one below Deb Error 6068 please follow our blog. Thank you!